collecting sticks, branches, twigs for EDUC 397 ADST presentation activity
When you see things in nature-I see a snake!
Beauty of nature!
A few classmates and I went hiking around campus. We looked for letters in nature and decided to find UNBC letters. It was fun and engaging as we used our vision to find something unique!
Early morning sun rise views on campus- I loved waking up to these amazing mornings. Had some insightful reflections here.
This carpet at Nukko Lake was stunning. Each word provides value.
I loved seeing this Restorative Justice poster in a Indigenous classroom at one of the schools. In my future classroom my vision is to instill RJ values and goals in my daily routine.
First fire circle in Block 1: I helped with taking out the fire. The drumming was very healing and spiritual.
West Lake- September. Stunning. Crisp Morning. Halo effect.
At Quinson Elementary- Grade 2 class. This teacher taught her class how to do the land acknowledgement early on in September. I like how this was consistent and embedded into their day.
Quinson Elementary: This wooden mural was so inspiring. I love how there is depth to the design and the Dakelh words are bigger and more emphasized than the English words.
One of the walk and talk prompts- this was a great discussion. Some things that came up was the difference between the nature borders for example land and water and then the man made ones ex: the picnic benches and pathway.
I love this picture- this stump speak volumes. It is a reflecting spot.
This picture captures a variety of mediums. There’s the fog creeping up in the background, the vibrant yellow crisp leaves that captivate the picture, the sunlight shining on the ground and the fresh crisp morning sensation.
Cottonwood Island Nature Park: I really enjoyed this outdoor class. We got to walk around and complete a land based activity.
Bloomballs- This was fun to make. You can use these to engage in conversation and build connections with students. The balls can be created by topic or random questions.
Plant wall! a really awesome idea to have in a class. Students can have jobs to water the plants and in the beginning as a class everyone could plant something in one.
At one of the observation schools, I really liked these zone cards on each student’s desk- a great way to check in during transitions throughout the day for example the mornings, after recess, after lunch and at the end of the day.
I helped a block 5 with this activity. She was doing her final practicum and I thought it was a very interesting and engaging coding activity with beading.
This was another activity from the math literacy and students were to pick a card from the bin and then draw the shape on their whiteboards.
Beverley- Kindergarten class: This teacher had a very engaging activity where students worked in groups and went to 5 different variety of stations. This station, students were to pick the blocks from the basket and then place them on the 4 shapes on the carpet.
At Beverley Elementary, I noticed this Diwali bulletin board. Love how this school includes diversity and celebrated this South Asian celebration.
This grade 3-4 teacher at Nukko Lake had his class design boats with Styrofoam for two days. All other instruction for the day was cancelled and students were fully immersed into this ADST STEM activity.
Students did a really fun and engaging activity where they got to create their own map. A lot of students designed interesting shapes for example fuits, video game designs.
This piece of artwork inspired me
Bed Elementary Cohort- Dec/22. Celebrating end of block 1!